Saturday 28 February 2009

Priorities?

I don’t even know if this train of thought has anything to do with spirituality, or rather, I am too frazzled to research a clever tie-in with a relevant Bible verse. I was watching a news report late the other night about the Taliban’s activities in Pakistan and Afghanistan, watching communities and families torn apart by violence and destruction.

This is in no way meant to cause offence to those affected by the economic downturn, but here are people who live in constant fear for their lives, who don’t know whether they will survive the next day and we are seemingly more concerned with fluctuations on Wall Street. 


3 comments:

Sue said...

Or at least that is the stupid spin the media projects.

Yeah, I agree. And the way they're bleating on about it as if we're basically in the middle of a Great Depression. They're like the boy who cried wolf. Always having to have the greatest baddest headlines for everything. I HATE the media.

(Of course that's not to say we won't be in a Depression some day but honestly, really, we are rich beyond belief. I wish they would point that out for a change.)

Still in your nightie at midday? It's 4 here and I'm dressed, but I still haven't had a shower. Yuk :)

Fiona said...

Really, when will we admit that it's only our greed that has got us to this point? We are so upside down at the moment.

I'm still in it now! Although I did get dressed to duck down to Woolies for some baking supplies, but not for long!

Sue said...

I dunno. Maybe the whole system will collapse if we start being honest :)

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who didn't shower today. Thanks, Fiona, I feel better :)